4.3. Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
Instructors: Dr. B. Garlipp
Maximum number of participants: 12
Duration: 2 days
Dates: on request
Course Objective:The objective of this course is to impart theoretical and practical aspects regarding the treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis of different entities. The current state-of-the-art practise is discussed.
Both cytoreductive details and procedures of HIPEC procedures are conveyed in the form of presentations and videos. The participants learn different techniques for cytoreductive surgical procedures using a large animal model and discuss their advantages and disadvantages with experts. Case presentations highlight the interdisciplinary nature of the procedures and an interactive interdisciplinary collaborative approach is presented.
Target group: Surgeons with abdominal and oncological focus.
This course can be adapted to individual needs of e.g. hospitals and practitioners.
- Multidisciplinary treatment regime in peritoneal carcinosis
- Surgical cytoreduction (CRS) and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy
- Multivisceral resection - splenectomy, cholecystectomy, omentectomy
- timing of HIPEC
- Patient selection based on peritoneal carcinomatosis index (PCI)
- Preparation for Day 2
- Macroscopic anatomy of large animal model (pig)
- Colorectal cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pseudomyxoma peritonei, peritoneal mucinous carcinomatosis
- Local intra-abdominal
Chemotherapy and immunotherapy
- Hyperthermic treatment (temperature, duration, interval)
- Fast track and perioperative management
- Complications and management
Health and safety regulations
- Dealing with chemotherapeutic agents in the operating room
Practical part on large animal model
- Video of technical execution
- Implementation of the CRS using electrocoagulation, ultracision, Manual, etc.
- Resection in the area of diaphragm and application of various medical devices
- Operation site mesentery of the small and large intestine
- Operation site pelvic area
Large animal model (pig)
- Abdominal wall
- Hepatoduodenal ligament
- Omental bursa
- Liver resection
- Liver capsule resection
- Stomach and partial gastric resection
- Small and large bowel resection
- Resection of serosal intestinal surface
- resection of peritoneal coating of the bladder
- lymph nodes detection and extirpation of the mesentery
- HIPEC as a closed procedure
- HIPEC as an open procedure
Registration is compulsory. Cancellations recieved up to two weeks prior to the event date will be charged with a processing fee of 25,- Euros. After this date or in case of non-attendance, we will calculate the entire conference fee. Registration as well as cancellation must be in writing.
Please contact Madeleine Beneke for all general or booking requests.
phone: +49 391 6715561
address: Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg/Germany