2.7. Irreversible electroporation (IRE) of liver, lung and kidney malignancies
Prof. M. Pech
Maximum number of participants 5
Duration 2 days
Dates on request
Aim The objective of this course is to communicate the technical basics of image-guided irreversible electroporation of liver, lung and kidney malignancies as well as the value of such interventions in the clinical context. Insights into clinical indications in oncology and oncosurgery will be given from the perspective of co-operating specialist clinics such as oncology, liver surgery, thoracic surgery and urology. The technical section includes the presentation of the methodology of the application of generators and probes as well as patient care pre interventional, during the procedure, and follow-up. We hope to give all the participants the opportunity to build a well-functioning IRE program in their own clinic.
The course is modular and can also be booked comprised to one day. In this case theory will be presented in the morning, the practical part is reduced to the afternoon.
Target group Radiologists, surgeons, interns with experience in image-guided interstitial tumor ablation
Evidence of local tumour ablation
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Metastatic colorectal carcinoma
- Local tumour ablation with other primary tumours
Indication for surgical resection
- Liver surgery for metastases of different tumours
- Surgical management of HCC
- Possibilities and limitations of thoracic surgery
- Kidney surgery and current guidelines in the management of renal cell carcinoma
- Irreversible electroporation
- Image guidance
- Preparation, anesthesia, periinterventional management
Using a large animal model
- Positioning of applicators in the phantom based on ultrasound or computed tomography
- Needle positioning and irreversible electroporation under sonographic, computed tomography and/or magnetic resonance imaging
- Image guidance in a large animal model
- Liver, lung, kidney, artificial tumour imaging by injection
Registration is compulsory. Cancellations recieved up to two weeks prior to the event date will be charged with a processing fee of 25,- Euros. After this date or in case of non-attendance, we will calculate the entire conference fee. Registration as well as cancellation must be in writing.
Please contact Madeleine Beneke for all general or booking requests.
phone: +49 391 6715561
address: Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg/Germany