2.1 Master Class: Embolisations of arteriovenous malformations
Prof. J. Ricke
Prof. W. Wohlgemuth
Maximum number of participants: 8-10
Duration: 2 days
Course fee: on request
Dates: 9. und 10.11.2017
Course objective: Conquering vascular malformations is somewhat the holy grail of the interdisciplinary interventional community. Vascular malformations can be extremely demanding to manage and although non-malignant, they are frequently associated with hereditary syndromes, aggressive growth and a tendency to recurrence despite all preventing efforts. In addition, vascular malformations are rare and their individual properties make each of these tumours unique. The key to success for each interventionalist is in-depth knowledge, experience in microcatheter techniques and the use of liquid embolics. Among those, Onyx® embolisation has proven to be a popular choice.
In this training course, participants will not only gain theoretical knowledge of the appropriate diagnosis and classification of vascular malformations and AVMs in particular, but also valuable hands-on experience. Divided into small groups, participants train the use of Onyx and sclerosants using a large animal model. To incorporate the theoretical knowledge into a clinical setting, real clinical cases will be discussed and two AVM embolisation cases will be observed.
Major target group: Interventional Radiologists with experience in microcatheter and embolisation techniques, as well as their “team mates” from their home institution
This course can be adapted to individual needs of e.g. hospitals and practitioners.
- Fundamentals of AVM embolisation with Onyx
Participants will be separated in 2 groups
- Group 1: Hands-on using a large animal model with simultaneous access to 2 workplaces
- Group 2: Basics
- Classification of vascular malformations
- Diagnostic workup of vascular malformations and associated syndromes: clinical assessments and imaging
- Specifics of AVMs
- Embolisation techniques for AVM
- Indications for treatment, treatment endpoints
- Sclerosants and embolic agents, catheters, plug and push techniques
- Case discussions (each participant should bring at least one case; teaching cases will be provided in addition)
switch between groups
- Final Discussion, Summary
Clinical case demonstrations
- Clinical cases: AVM embolisation with Onyx
- Final Discussion, Summary, Test
- 08.-09.12.2016 Master Class: AVM - Note 1,2
Registration is compulsory. Cancellations recieved up to two weeks prior to the event date will be charged with a processing fee of 25,- Euros. After this date or in case of non-attendance, we will calculate the entire conference fee. Registration as well as cancellation must be in writing.
Please contact Madeleine Beneke for all general or booking requests.
phone: +49 391 6715561
address: Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg/Germany