2.8. PICC Line (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter)
Prof. Dr. M. Seidensticker
Maximum number of participants: 8
Duration: 1 day
Dates: on request
Course objective: This workshop aims to provide participants with a sound knowledge about different PICC Line types, to determe indications, to teach insertion techniques, nursing and possible complications and how to handle these.
Core objective of the theoretical part is to identify the important indications for PICC lines as well as to clarify the advantages and disadvantages of the PICC line as compared to other venous or central venous accesses. In addition, various image-guided access paths and different PICC line types are discussed. You will find informations on possible complications and how to handle these as well as proper care of PICC lines. In a subsequent practical part on a phantom the ultrasound-guided peripheral vessel puncture and canulation will be practiced. Afterwards, the PICC line system is demonstrated on multiple patient samples.
Target group: Angiographically savvy technologists who have so far little or no experience withinsertion and use of PICC lines.
- Overview of indications for PICC lines
- Overview of various PICC line types
- Comparison PICC line to CVC and cannule, advantages and disadvantages
- Anatomy of the veins
- Image-guided placement of different PICC line systems
- Change and correction of PICC lines
- Maintenance and correct use of PICC lines
- Possible complications and their management
- Training of ultrasound-guided venipuncture on a phantom
- Demonstration of the various PICC-line systems
- Image-guided placement of PICC lines
- Live cases
Registration is compulsory. Cancellations recieved up to two weeks prior to the event date will be charged with a processing fee of 25,- Euros. After this date or in case of non-attendance, we will calculate the entire conference fee. Registration as well as cancellation must be in writing.
Please contact Madeleine Beneke for all general or booking requests.
phone: +49 391 6715561
address: Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg/Germany