1.8. Modern Shoulder diagnostics by direct MR-artrography
Prof. F. Fischbach
PD Dr. K. Fischbach
PD Dr. A. Berth
Dr. C. Wybranski
Maximum number of participants: 12
Duration: 1 day
Dates: on request
Course objective: Resonance imaging (MRI) plays a crucial role for the diagnosis and treatment planning of shoulder joint injury. In the absence of joint effusion (intrinsic contrast agent) the exact classification of the injury pattern and localization is improved by direct puncture of the joint, and intraarticular administration of contrast media (direct arthrography). The puncture of the joint of mostly young patients is carried out under fluoroscopy or - because of the lack of radiation exposure - more often directly in the open MRI. Our event gives an overview about the most important indications of direct MR-arthrography taking into account recent recommendations of the German professional societies. In the theoretical part of the event indications, anatomical and pathological changes are systematically presented from the perspective of the orthopedist and the radiologist. In the practical part we will train the techniques of joint puncture in classical fluoroscopy as well as in the open MRI. screening
and the open MRI. The course is completed through an interactive case analysis of typical shoulder joint pathologies.
Main target group: radiologists, orthopedic surgeons, trauma surgeons.
This course can be adapted to individual needs of e.g. hospitals and practitioners.
- Shoulder diagnosis from the perspective of orthopaedists
- MR sequence technique and anatomy of the shoulder joint
- Pathologies of the shoulder joint in MRI
- Direct shoulder arthrography: Examination technique and implementation (fluoroscopy/sonography)
- Hands-on training of the shoulder puncture under X-ray and sonography guidance using anatomical phantoms
- Interactive case analysis
Valuation of our latest courses
- 05.09.2015 MR-Arthrographie der Schulter - Note: 1,1
- 06.09.2014 Moderne Schulterdiagnostik mittels direkter MR-Arthrographie - Note: 1,1
- 16.11.2013 MR-Arthrographie der Schulter - Note: 1,1
Registration is compulsory. Cancellations recieved up to two weeks prior to the event date will be charged with a processing fee of 25,- Euros. After this date or in case of non-attendance, we will calculate the entire conference fee. Registration as well as cancellation must be in writing.
Please contact Madeleine Beneke for all general or booking requests.
phone: +49 391 6715561
address: Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg/Germany