1.10. HCC Master class training course (russian or english course version)
Prof. C. Bruns
Prof. J. Ricke
Prof. P. Malfertheiner
Maximum number of participants: 8-12
Duration: 2 days
Dates: on request
Course fee: on request
Course objective: Modern therapeutic approaches for patients suffering from hepatocellular carcinoma require patient adapted, multidisciplinary treatment strategies. A clinical
setting comprising profound hepatological, oncological, surgical and (interventional) radiological expertise is essential, in order to be able to offer all modern diagnostic tools and treatment
options. At the University Hospital in Magdeburg a unique workflow for HCC patients, consisting of an interdisciplinary HCC outpatient clinic, an interdisciplinary in hospital HCC unit and weekly
interdisciplinary HCC tumour conferences has been established. As a result every single HCC patient is seen by a specialist of each discipline and a concordant therapeutic pathway will be created.
Most of the patients are included in various clinical trials taking place at the institution, of which the SORAMIC trial is one of the largest investigator initiated trials worldwide.
The curriculum of the HCC course targets to convey the broad experience of the University of Magdeburg interdisciplinary HCC patient care. In small groups the participants will be integrated in the daily schedule of HCC consultants and therefore be involved into the clinical decision making. In addition all interventional procedures (loco regional and surgical) will be attended. In between state of the art lectures will be held by renowned specialists in the field.
Lectures in English, simultaneous translation into Russian language possible.
Major target group: Radiologists, oncologists, hepatologists and surgeons.
This course can be adapted to individual needs of e.g. hospitals and practitioners.
- Welcome: Presentation of the programme and the hospital
- Lecture: Liver function and treatment outcome in HCC (hepatologist)
- Lecture: Liver transplantation and bridging to transplantation in HCC patients (surgeon)
- Lecture: Guidelines for the treatment of advanced HCC: Update on staging systems
Sorafenib: evidence and clinical practice
Is there a role of resection, TACE or combined concepts with Sorafenib in advanced HCC?
Is it time to abandon systemic chemotherapy from HCC treatment? (oncologist)
- HCC interventions (Live cases):
Transarterial chemoembolisation (radiologist)
- Lecture: Second line systemic therapy in HCC - Are there any options? (Oncologist)
- Practical orientation - ward rounds, interdisciplinary HCC ward: optimal care for HCC patients
- Lecture: Management of patients undergoing Sorafenib therapy –
- optimizing outcomes (hepatologist)
- Lecture: How to build an interdisciplinary HCC unit? (surgeon)
- Lecture: Evidence based interdisciplinary management of HCC
1. Management of BCLC A patients (surgeon)
2. Management of BCLC B patients (radiologist)
- HCC interventionen (Live cases):
Laparoscopic liver resection
- Science conference, Discussion of ongoing clinical trials
- Lecture: Management of the underlying disease (cirrhosis, hepatitis) (hepatologist)
- Case demonstrations: Cases presented by guests
- Interdisciplinary HCC tumourboard
16.-17.02.2015 HCC-Master-Class-Kurs (russisch) - Note: 1,1
Registration is compulsory. Cancellations recieved up to two weeks prior to the event date will be charged with a processing fee of 25,- Euros. After this date or in case of non-attendance, we will calculate the entire conference fee. Registration as well as cancellation must be in writing.
Please contact Madeleine Beneke for all general or booking requests.
phone: +49 391 6715561
address: Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg/Germany