1.9. Focal One – Focal therapy with HIFU
Prof. M. Schostak
PD Dr. D. Schindele
Prof. F. Fischbach
Maximum number of participants: 3-5
Duration: 1,5 day
other dates on request
Prostate cancer (PCa) is the most common male malignancy in Germany with 75.000 new diagnosis and 12.000 deaths each year. PCa seems to be a heterogeneous tumour with varying clinical courses. Therefore standard therapies vary between active surveillance and active treatment therapies such as radical prostatectomy (open, laparoscopic, robot-assisted laparoscopic) or external beam radiation therapie as well as LDR- or HDR-brachytherapy. Current standard treatment options show excellent cure rates but they may be accompanied by severe side effects that can strongly interfere with the patient´s quality of life.
Due to early detection programs PCa detection rates increased over the last years diagnosing particularly patients with low- and intermediate risk profiles. Especially in those risk groups, the individual risk stratification can be very difficult. Whilst some patients might be undertreated by active surveillance, the majority of those patients bear a potential risk of being overdiagnosed and overtreated by the current standard treatment options with the risk of suffering from potentially unnecessary side effects.
In this area of conflict between over- /under-diagnosis on the one side and over-/under-treatment on the other side, some patients may benefit from focal therapy of the tumour-bearing part of the prostate. HIFU therapy with Focal One offers the technical requirements to perform targeted therapy of the tumour-bearing part of the prostate in order to achieve oncological effectiveness without or with minor side effects when compared to the active standard treatment options.
This course gives an overview of focal HIFU therapy with Focal One. It aims to identify patients that are eligible for focal HIFU therapy and show the technical capabilities of Focal One. Particularly MRT-TRUS fusion should be practiced in the real intervention situation.
Main target group: In particular,
urologists and radiologists.
This course can be adapted to individual needs of e.g. hospitals and practitioners.
- Lecture: basics of multiparametric MRI of the prostate, technique and clinical indications
- Live case: MRI examination of the prostate
- Lecture: HIFU with Focal One – basics and technique
- Hands-on: prostate contour drawing and tumour contour drawing for HIFU
- Hands-on: MRT-TRUS-fusion
- Live case: Focal One HIFU-therapy
Valuation of our latest courses
- 06./07.10.2015 Focal One - Fokale Therapie mit HIFU - Note 1,2
- 16./17.07.2015 Focal One - Fokale Therapie mit HIFU - Note 1,2
- 10./11.05.2016 Focal One - Fokale Therapie mit HIFU - Note 1,4
- 13./14.09.2016 Focal One - Fokale Therapie mit HIFU - Note 1,3
- 11./12.10.2016 Focal One - Fokale Therapie mit HIFU - Note 1,2
- 11./12.04.2017 Focal One - Fokale Therapie mit HIFU - Note 1,3
- 02./03.05.2017 Focal One - Focal Therapy with HIFU - Note 1,1
Registration is compulsory. Cancellations recieved up to two weeks prior to the event date will be charged with a processing fee of 25,- Euros. After this date or in case of non-attendance, we will calculate the entire conference fee. Registration as well as cancellation must be in writing.
Please contact Madeleine Beneke for all general or booking requests.
phone: +49 391 6715561
address: Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg/Germany