1.6. CT-guided Brachytherapy
Dr. P. Hass
Dr. K. Mohnike
Prof. J. Ricke
Maximum number of participants: 6
Duration: 2 days
Dates: on request
Course objective: The objective of this course is to provide the technical basis of CT-guided brachytherapy. This includes both interventional techniques, thus introducing the brachytherapy-catheter under CT-fluoroscopy, and radiation knowledge for dose planning.
Regarding clinical indication current data are provided as well as hints for management of patients before, during and after the operation. The course is completed by precise preparation of potential complications, their prevention and their management. With this program we hope to provide all the possibilities for the participants from radiology, radiotherapy and medical physics to inaugurate a well working program in their own clinics.
Main target group: radiation oncologists, radiologists, medical physicists, ideally teams working together.
This course can be adapted to individual needs of e.g. hospitals and practitioners.
- Principles of CT-guided brachytherapy (radiologist, radiotherapist)
- Fundamentals of HDR brachytherapy with Iridium192 (medical physicist)
- Tumour-dependent target doses and dose tolerance of typical organs at risk (radiation therapist)
- Image guidance using CT or MRI (radiologist)
- Evidence base and indications for CT brachytherapy
- Patient management
- Preparation, sedation, periinterventional management
- Planning of the catheter position before the procedure including treatment planning using planning systems
- Positioning of applicators in the phantom using computed tomography
- Positioning of brachytherapy catheters under computed tomography image guidance using a large animal model (liver, lung, kidney, artificial tumour imaging by injection)
- Removal of the brachytherapy catheters and closure of penetration canal in a large animal model (liver, kidney, Gelfoam; lung: fibrin glue)
- Debriefing: interdisciplinary, interactive development of treatment pathways and standard operating procedures
- 10.04.2013 Brachytherapie - Note: 1,2
Registration is compulsory. Cancellations recieved up to two weeks prior to the event date will be charged with a processing fee of 25,- Euros. After this date or in case of non-attendance, we will calculate the entire conference fee. Registration as well as cancellation must be in writing.
Please contact Madeleine Beneke for all general or booking requests.
phone: +49 391 6715561
address: Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg/Germany